Monday 17 November 2008

New Video: Boyzone - Better

In what is a first for a boyband music video; one of the members is seen snuggling up with another man. In the video for Better by Boyzone - who have made a comeback - Stephen Gately is with another man while the other members are with women.

Gately who came out of the closet in 1999 told Radio 1, "For me, it's just me being me and I don't think there should be a real big issue about the whole thing anyway... I just think it's just a beautiful video and I think it works superbly for the song."

He revealed, "I'm hoping this video will have a good, positive, all-round reaction."

Gately added, "The lads were saying, 'You've got to do this.' They were pushing saying, 'This would be fantastic.' It's the first of its kind. That's why I went for it."

No comments: