Tuesday 14 October 2008

Roberts Cried Over 'Ugly Duckling' Jibes

Nicola Roberts has admitted that she wept after being described as the "ugly duckling" of Girls Aloud.

Speaking to Heat, Roberts confessed that she was devastated with the unfavourable comparisons to her bandmates.

She said, "I'm not gonna sit and pretend I'm hard as nails. It did make me feel like s**t. I did cry about it."

"I was a young girl and everyone was saying the others were stunning and I was the ugly one. No young girl wants to be seen like that."

Roberts added that she found herself embarrassed when out with her boyfriend at the time: "I wondered if he felt like he was going out with the ugly one.

"Does anybody really give a s**t whether I might not be as pretty as the rest of the girls? Is it really that big a deal? No it isn't. Not anymore."

No comments: