Friday 10 August 2007

Grey's Anatomy Star Slams Media

Grey's Anatomy actress Ellen Pompeo has criticised the American media for focusing on celebrities who are "famous for nothing".

Pompeo was reportedly making a point about the continuing media interest in celebrities such as Paris Hilton.

The actress told Los Angeles Confidential magazine, "I just think the media should take this country in a different direction."

"We're so focused on the wrong things. We're teaching young girls that this is what they should be focusing on: rich and famous girls who are rich and famous for nothing."

The medical drama star added that she is concerned by the continuing speculation in the press that she has a eating disorder.

She commented, "I just worry about the girls who look up to me - I don't want them to think I starve myself or don't eat, and that to be like me that's what they have to do."
Source: Digital Spy

No comments: