Saturday 5 May 2007

Aretha Decides Against Corinne

Singer Corinne Bailey Rae was nearly picked by Aretha Franklin to star in the movie of her life story - but the queen of soul changed her mind after seeing her on TV, reports The Mirror.
The legendary diva, who is currently holding auditions for her musical Aretha: From These Roots in Detroit, told Radio 1Xtra's TXU show, "Yeah, I just saw Corinne. I thought she was very nice - she's a very nice singer.

"I almost cast her as one of the characters in my play and in the movie, but when I saw her on TV... well, her pictures look one way and when I saw her on TV she looked a little different so I don't think so."

Poor Corinne, so near yet so far...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corrine might have worked out as Aretha's baby sis, Carolyn Franklin. There is a little resemblance.