Tuesday 30 January 2007

Shilpa Shetty Talks About Her Bullying

Shilpa Shetty talked about her time in the Big Brother house to the Daily Mirror.

Shetty said the alleged racist bullying in the house was not a battle of race, but between "right and wrong".

She told the Daily Mirror she had no idea the bullying was so bad until she watched the complete footage of what was happening.

And she said bullies Jade Goody and Jo O'Meara must seek "professional help" to overcome their problems.

She told the newspaper: "I'd no idea it was so bad. They are so mean. Why didn't someone stop them? It hurts me deeply. Look at me ... I am shaking.

"This is so petty, so juvenile, so nasty. There is hatred there and that hurts deeply. Only now, this is sinking in. I am someone who has never been judgmental, but Jade's behaviour is obnoxious, very aggressive, nasty and suffocating."

She asked: "Why are they laughing? Why did no one step in to help? What had I done that was so wrong? Can you believe this is the epitome of womanhood? I can't believe women will act like that. It's totally alien to me."

Talking about the divides between the housemates, Shilpa added: "It was not a battle between brown and white. It was a battle between right and wrong. And right won.

"Jade and Jo need professional help, not condemnation. I am someone who believes in karma ... what you have sowed will be repaid.

"Danielle I'm still ok with. What she did was horrible and upsetting, but she's very young and stupid.

"It was so apparent who started the rift ... Jade. I don't think she did it consciously but it was to make sure she didn't get nominated by the girls."

image source

No comments: