Friday 11 April 2008

This Morning Hosts On Behind The Laughter

This Morning hosts Phillip Schofield and Fern Britton lift the lid on what lies behind those laughter meltdowns.

The daytime telly duo are famous for disolving in to fits of giggles while presenting their ITV show. Speaking to heat magazine Fern explained: "It's usually born out of something rude, or tiredness or stupidity."

Phil added: "We would never in a million years set out to offend anyone, but there are times when things that are quite funny get so much worse because you know you shouldn't laugh. We have the same sense of humour, which fires off at the same time."

Fern recently held a vibrator to her nose after being told by a guest - an elderly organiser of sex-toy parties - that if you sneeze, you've found the right one for you. She said: "I don't think there's anything that could shock us now. And there's great liberation in being able to discuss scrotums, vulvas and orgasms."

"In the old days I might have thought, "Oh dear, I've just said 'cunnilingus' and my mum's watching", but it doesn't worry me any more. I drew the line when I was asked to have a mammogram live on air. I decided that people know everything about my life, but do they really need to see my bosoms."

The serial sniggerers both admit to being fans of Russell Brand's radio show, describing it as 'brilliantly funny, inappropriate filth' and likening it to 'students who are off their face'.

With a Helen Mirren inspired hair-do and a slinky figure Fern has recently been seen sporting an amazing new look. She told heat: "I was coming up to my 49th birthday and I thought, "Do I want to perpetuate who I am, or change for the next decade?" So I decided to change."
Read more in heat magazine - out now

No comments: